1664 N Virginia Street,
Reno Nevada MS 274,
Reno, NV 89557,
breast cancer, breast feeding, cancer survival, gastrointestinal cancer, cancer of unknown primary
- As academic faculty at the University of Nevada, Reno, Community Health Sciences since 2010, my research focuses on minority populations in the field of cancer and women’s health epidemiology, specifically regarding the use of health insurance, diagnostic and screening procedures, and the impact of policy or law changes over time.
- I have received multiple grant awards, including grants from NIH.
- In 2010, I was awarded and recognized as a Healthcare Quality Scholar from the UCLA Network for Multicultural Research on Health and Healthcare.
- I currently serve as the vice-Chair for the Minority Affairs Committee for the American College of Epidemiology.
- Differential Delivery of Follow-up Care and Survivorship Among Latinos Care and Survivorship Among Latinos Using Medicare. Sponsor: National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute 2010-2012
- Workplace Breastfeeding Policies and Practices that Promote Healthy Families. Sponsor: Occupational Health and Safety Research Training Pilot Project grant", Southern California NIOSH Education and Research Center 2011-2012
- Evaluation of a Foot and Ankle Service: Renown Health 2015-2016
- Risk of CFS Due to IgG Receptor Genes that Impair ADCC (PI Hudig D): National Institutes of Health 2015-2017
- Health Care Scholars Award from UCLA’s Network for Multicultural Research on Health and Healthcare, 2010