Winthrop University Hospital
Department of Surgery
Division of Trauma & Critical Care
259 First Street
Mineola NY 11501
Prediction of exsanguination in trauma, critical care of alcohol withdrawal syndrome, critical care pharmacology
- Dr. Jonas P. DeMuro, is an Attending Surgeon and Intensivist at Winthrop University Hospital, a Clinical Campus of the Stony Brook School of Medicine in New York.
- He is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Stony Brook School of Medicine, as well as an Affiliate Clinical Professor of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at St. Johns University, New York.
- He is also currently the Medical Director of the Critical Care Physician Assistant Residency at Winthrop University Hospital.
- Dr. DeMuro received his B.S. in Biological Sciences, summa cum laude, from St. Johns University, and his M.D. from the Stony Brook School of Medicine.
- He went on to postgraduate residency training in General Surgery at the Stony Brook School of Medicine, and a Surgical Critical Care Fellowship at North Shore University Hospital.
- He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a member of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, and the Society of Critical Care Medicine, where he currently serves a member of the New Item Development Committee.
- He has authored over 20 articles on a variety of topics in Acute Care Surgery.
- He is a reviewer for several journals, including the Clinical Journal of Pain, and the American Journal of the Addictions.