Dept of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery,
Baptist Cancer Center,
3268 Duke Circle,
Germantown, TN 38139, USA.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery;
- Head and neck surgery;
- Skull based surgery;
- Breast surgery; Sarcoma;
- Extremity reconstruction;
- Facial reanimation;
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Dr. Jon Ver Halen, MD, FACS is currently the Chief of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery and Baptist Memorial Hospital, and the Baptist Cancer Center, in Memphis, Tennessee.
- He is the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Director for the Baptist Cancer Center.
- He also holds appointments as a Research Member of the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, and is an Adjunct Clinical Faculty at St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital.
- His clinical expertise is in oncologic reconstruction, and microsurgery.
- He is originally from southern California, where he attended the University of California at Los Angeles for his undergraduate career.
- He attended the Harvard-Massachusetts Institute of Technology program in Health Science and Technology for his medical degree; the University of Washington in Seattle for his plastic surgery training; and the MD Anderson Cancer Center for specialization in microvascular surgery.
- He was also a tenured Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of Tennessee, before assuming his current role.