The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Smart polymers/shape memory polymers for Textile and Apparel
- Textile structure, mechanics and fibrous composites
- Digital evaluation and simulation of textiles appearance and garment/fabric drape
- Prof. HU has undertaken a large number of research projects in multi-disciplinary fields such as textile mechanics, smart/shape memory polymers, biomaterials, and natural polymers from the past twenty years.
- In particular, she applied shape memory polymers (SMPs) into textiles and biomedical areas since 1998 and founded the world’s first shape memory textiles center in 2003.
- Her contribution towards SMPs and textiles has been recognized worldwide.
- She has academic collaborators from Mainland China, USA, Canada, Australia, France, UK, Japan and Hong Kong.
- Currently Prof. Hu has total citations of 3229 with H-index of 32 in SCI.