Gower St, London,
Greater London WC1E 6BT,
- Intraoperative radiotherapy
- Partial breast irradiation
- Cardio toxicity of treatments
- Breast surgery
- Professor Jayant Vaidya is a breast cancer expert who specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the breast. He currently divides his time equally between research and clinical work.
- He is a Consultant Surgeon at the Whittington, Royal Free and University College London Hospitals.
- He is extremely active in many research projects for breast disease and breast cancer. With his PhD thesis at University College London, he pioneered the concept of targeted intraoperative radiotherapy (TARGIT or IORT), to deliver radiotherapy to women at the time of surgery rather than the traditional 6-week course of daily post-operative radiotherapy.
- He has been featured on BBC’s Tomorrow’s World in relation to this.
- He qualified in surgical oncology (MBBS MS DNB) from the Bombay University and the National Board.
- His PhD is from London University and he is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, FRCS, UK. At the age of 17 he was declared a National Scholar and received a scholarship throughout his medical education.
- He has worked at the Tata Memorial Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital, University College London and the University of Dundee, and is now Professor of Surgery and Oncology at University College London.