Assistant Professor of Medicine,
Director, Interventional Pulmonology,
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care,
University of North Carolina School of Medicine,
8007 Burnett Womack Bldg,
CB # 7219.
Specialty Areas: Interventional bronchoscopy, pleural disease
Chronology: BS: University of California; Riverside, CA (1998); MPH: Loma Linda University; Loma Linda, CA (2001)MD: St. George’s University; Grenada, W.I. (2005); Residency: University of Connecticut; Farmington, CT (2008);Chief Resident: University of Connecticut; Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT (2009); PCCM Fellowship: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Baltimore, MD (2012); Interventional Pulmonology Fellowship: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Baltimore, MD (2013)
Dr. Akulian's clinical interests include:
- Malignant/Benign airway obstruction
- Lung cancer staging
- Lung nodule detection and treatment
- Malignant pleural disease
- Benign airway management
Dr. Akulian's research interests include:
- Early detection of lung cancer
- Novel drug delivery to the lung
- Ablation of early stage lung cancer
- Lung cancer immunology
- Jason Akulian, MD, MPH Director, is a UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center member, and Interventional Pulmonology.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at UNC-CH.
Awards and honors:
- 2012 - ACCP Center of Excellence – Johns Hopkins Interventional Pulmonology
- 2012 - Outstanding Abstract, Interventional Chest/Diagnostic Procedures. ACCP/CHEST National Meeting
- 2008 - Ralph E. Reinfrank Teaching Excellence Award. University of Connecticut Internal Medicine Program, Farmington, CT.
- 2007 - Named Chief Resident for 2008-2009 – University of Connecticut Internal Medicine Program, Farmington, CT.
- 2005-2007 - Award of Commendation – University of Connecticut Internal Medicine Residency.
- 2002-2004 - Member of Iota Alpha Epsilon – International Medical Honor Society St. Georges University School of Medicine
- 2001-2004 - Dean’s List – St. Georges University School of Medicine
- 1999 - Dean’s List – Loma Linda University School of Public Health
- 1997 - Dean’s List – University of California Riverside