Department of Biotechnology,
Delhi Technological University,
Bawana Road, Delhi 110042.
Aquaculture, Fish Nutrition, Water Quality Management, Radiation Biology, UV-B Radiation, Aquatic Ecology, Biosensor, Bioremediation, Bioenergy, Microbiology, Water Pollution, and Nanobiotechnology.
- Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Delhi Technological University since June 2015.
- Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Delhi Technological University, Delhi, June 2012 - June 2015.
- Scientist "C" (Class one Gazetted Officer) Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, October 2006 - June 2012.
- Senior Research Associate Council of scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Human Resources Development Group, Govt. of India, Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, June 2003- June 2006.
- Senior Research Associate, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) Human Resources Development Group, Govt. of India, June 2003 - June 2006.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Kyoto University, Japan, April 2001 - March 2003.
Research Experience: 24 years
- "Development of Pelleted Diet for Labeo rohita and Clarias batrachus Using Achyranthes aspera and Evaluation of Its Immunostimulatory Properties in Pond Culture System" - Sponsored by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science &Technology, Govt. of India, Value: Rs. 73.62 lakh.
- "Development of Alternative Sustainable Fish Feeds to Promote Human Health using Novel Non-Conventional Indigenous Ingredients" - Newton Fund Global Research Partnership (GRP) in Aquaculture: Case for Support (Multi-Country Project) - Sponsored by BBSRC (United Kingdom) and DBT (India), Rs. around 26.0 lakh.
- "Nano-enabled Biosensor for Detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae" - Sponsored by DBT, India, Rs. 50.00 lakh.
- "Simultaneous Degradation of Organochlorine Pesticides by Microbes"- Sponsored by University Grants Commission (UGC), India, Rs. 31.7 lakh
- "Toxicity Assessment and Treatment of Pharmaceutical Waste Water by Novel Nano Catalyst Based Advanced Oxidation Method"- Sponsored by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, India, Rs. 19.20 lakh
- "Dissemination and demonstration of fish culture technology among Women Self Help Groups in NCR region of Delhi as a self employment activity"Sponsored by DBT, India, Rs. 70.00 lakh.
- Session's Best Presentation Award (Nutrition Session) in the International Conference on Fisheries and Aquaculture 2015, Colombo, Sri Lanka, August 25-26, 2015.
- Young Scientist Award, U.P. Council of Science & Technology 2003-2004 (U.P. Government) National Science Day, Cash award of Rs. 25,000/- and Citation February 28, 2004.
- Young Scientist Award, Asian Fisheries Society (AFSIB), December 17, 2002.
- U.P. Government Scholarship for the Academic Excellence in the Examination, 1983-1984.