12901 Bruce B.Downs Blvd., MDC 21,
Tampa, FL 33612,
- Nerve transfers for neurotrophic corneas;
- surgical management of migraine headaches;
- orbital tumors and adnexal oncology;
- orbital trauma;
- eyelid and facial reconstructive surgery;
- cosmetic facial surgery (e.g., blepharoplasty, forehead lift, lower face lift).
- Dr. Ilya Leyngold specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, orbit, lacrimal system, and face.
- At the age of 13 Dr. Leyngold and his family moved to the US from Moscow, Russia.
- After finishing high school in Jacksonville, FL, he received his undergraduate degree in biochemistry from Florida State University.
- He then attended medical school at Johns Hopkins University where he earned multiple research and clinical awards, including the nomination for the most outstanding medical student in his graduating class to enter The Wilmer Eye Residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- After completing a 1-year internship at the University of Maryland and 3 years of residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital he was selected for one of the countries most prestigious oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship positions certified by The American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) with a world renowned eyelid and facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Richard L. Anderson in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Prior to accepting a faculty position at The Duke Eye Center, Dr.Leyngold served as the director of Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa.
- Dr.Leyngold has published numerous articles and book chapters in the fields of oculoplastic and facial plastic surgery.
- He also teaches and lectures nationally on eyelid, orbital, facial reconstructive, and cosmetic surgery.
- He has been selected as The America’s Top Ophthalmologist by Consumer’s Research Council, and featured in The South Tampa Magazine as one of the top 10 professionals in the Tampa Bay Area.