Department of Pathology & State Key Laboratory of Liver Research (SKLLR)
Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong,
Room 7-10, 7/F, HKJC Building for Interdisciplinary Research,
5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong.
- Our research has been focused on immune regulation in systemic autoimmunity, mucosal inflammation, and tumor immunology.
- In brief, we study the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying systemic autoimmune and inflammatory disorders.
- Based on our findings, we try to understand how the immune system is normally regulated, why dysregulation of which may cause diseases and, whether and how, the so-called "self-reactivity" (autoimmune responses) can be alternatively switched on and effectively redirected, immunologically and/or molecularly, against tumors.
- Dr Huang received his initial medical training in China (Shantou, 1977-82), and was awarded the Li Ka Sheng Academic Foundation Fellowship to undertake postgraduate training in the UK (1987-90).
- He has subsequently become engaged in active immunology research and teaching in the University of Glasgow, University of Oxford, Imperial College London, and University of Hong Knong.
- Immunology is his major field of research, with a focus on immune regulation in autoimmunity.
- Based on their findings, he and his group are trying to understand how the immune system is normally regulated, why dysregulation of which may cause diseases, and whether and how the so-called "self-reactivity" can be alternatively redirected, immunologically and/or molecularly, for the development of novel immunotherapy against cancers.