Reproductive and developmental laboratory,
College of Animal Science and Technology,
Yunnan Agricultural University,
Kunming city 650201,
- Gene modify
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer
- Dr. Hongjiang Wei is professor and Deputy Dean of College of Animal Science and Technology, Yunnan Agricultural University, China.
- He received his PhD in Animal Science from Kagoshima University, Japan, 2004.
- He moved back to Yunnan Agricultural University since 2004.
- Wei`s lab is focusing on improve cloning efficiency in pig, transgenic pig, production and development of Parthenogenetic pigles.
- His lab has produced 13 kinds of transgenic pigs using Somatic cell unclear transfer, TALEN and over-expression approaches.
- This year, He generated the first parthenogenetic pigs in the world.