Professor & Chairman Department of Dermatology & Plastic Surgery,
Faculty Life Sciences,
collagen diseases, skin cancers, and autoimmune diseases
- Prof. Hironobu Ihn was born in 1964 at Kobe, Japan and graduated from University of Tokyo in 1990.
- He became assistant professor, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo in 1990, and worked as the research fellow in Division of Rheumatology & Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, SC, USA between 1994 and 1997.
- He worked as the lecturer, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine between 2001 and 2005 and became the associate Professor, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo.
- He was elected as the professor & Chairman, Department of Dermatology & Plastic Surgery, Faculty Life Sciences, Kumamoto University in 2005 and became the Vice President, Kumamoto University Hospital in 2013.
- He obtained Japanese Society of Connective Tissue Research Award in 2001, Japanese Society of Investigative Dermatology Award in 2005, and Japan Rheumatism Foundation Award in 2006.