Department of Health Care Services,
Health Care Benefits and Eligibility,
Office of Family Planning,
1615 Capitol Ave.
P.O. Box 997413, MS 8400,
Sacramento, CA 95899-7413,United States.
- Health care reform and access to primary care and family planning servicesrn
- Access to and quality of reproductive health servicesrn
- Heike Thiel de Bocanegra, PhD, MPH, is Assistant Professor at the Bixby Center for Global Health, University of California, San Francisco.
- She has been the director of UCS’s evaluation of California’s Family PACT (Planning, Access, Care, and Treatment) Program since 2005. Family PACT is administered by the California Department of Health Care Services, Office of Family Planning.
- Heike is principal investigator of a medical chart review of the quality of family planning services among primary care providers and the evaluation of the Bedsider website to remind women of their family planning appointment and contraceptive refill.
- Prior to moving to California, Heike conducted applied health service research projects and program evaluation with a focus on immigrants, refugees and victims of crime, trauma, and violence in New York.
- Internationally, she oversaw program implementation, evaluation and policy work in Peru, where she also lived for seven years, Kosovo, Vietnam, South Africa, and Mexico.
- Heike obtained her MA in psychology from the University of Bielefeld, Germany, her MPH from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and her doctoral degree in public health from New York University.
- Her doctoral dissertation explored predictors of breastfeeding among immigrant women in New York City.