University of Connecticut and Haskins Laboratories.
Department of Psychology,
University of Connecticut,
Storrs, CT 06269,
- Pediatric cochlear implants
- Language development
- Speech perception and processing
- Heather Bortfeld is a Professor of Psychological Sciences at the University of California, Merced.
- She completed her Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology at SUNY, Stony Brook in 1998.
- Her postdoctoral training at Brown University was supported by a National Research Service Award (NRSA) from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
- She was on the faculty at Texas A&M University and the University of Connecticut prior to arriving at UC Merced in 2015.
- Her research examines both healthy and atypical development with a focus on language.
Honors and Awards:
- 2010 - Ida Beam Distinguished Visiting Professor, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA.
- 2008 - Ray A. Rothrock ’77 Fellow, College of Liberal Arts, Texas A&M University.
- 2005 - Keynote Speaker and Honorary Inductee, Golden Key International Honor Society, Texas A&M Chapter.
- 1998 - Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health.