112/105 Bridge Road,
Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia.
epidemiology of vaccine preventable infections among travellers, Paediatrics
- Harunor Rashid joined NCIRS in June 2011 as an epidemiologist in the clinical research team.
- He received paediatric training in Bangladesh, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the UK, ultimately receiving, in 2009, his Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from the University of London for his thesis on Epidemiology of respiratory infections associated with Hajj pilgrimage, under the supervision of Professor Robert Booy.
- He is particularly interested in the epidemiology of vaccine preventable infections among travellers.
- 2016 - Impact of conjugate versus polysaccharide quadrivalent ACWY vaccine on meningococcal carriage among Hajj pilgrims; Rashid H, Booy R; Ministry of Public Health - QATAR/National Priority Research Program (NPRP).
- 2013 - Cluster-randomised controlled trial to test the effectiveness of facemasks in preventing influenza, corona and other respiratory viruses among Hajj pilgrims; El Bashir H, Holmes E, Rashid H, Booy R; Qatar National Research Fund/Research Support.