N7, ITTC Building,
Tamar Science Park,
Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8BX.
- Health technology assessment;
- Health policy;
- Health services research;
- Health systems in transition;
- Health economics;
- Public health;
- At PenCLAHRC I am currently a research assistant for a collaborative project with NICE, seeking to identify ineffective clinical practices for disinvestment within the NHS.
- Working in close partnership with senior clinicians, GPs and commissioners, I have assisted in developing a more evidence-based approach towards disinvestment, which will be piloted across the SW Peninsula before a national roll-out.
- Implementing a disinvestment initiative such as this has the potential to significantly improve health outcomes by augmenting the quality, efficacy and accessibility of NHS services.
- In addition to the ‘disinvestment’ project, I have contributed to other work being undertaken within PenCLAHRC, allowing me to enhance skills I acquired through my Masters in Public Health.
- Combining the interdisciplinary approaches of epidemiology, health economics, health technology assessment and public health policy, I have supported work around moral hazard in health insurance, cervical screening, and privatisation within international health care systems.
- I have also participated in CLAHRC education seminars, national NIHR workshops and presented at both national and international conferences.