Room 229, Jessie Harris Building,
1215 West Cumberland Avenue,
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996,
The role of vitamin A in hepatic lipid and glucose metabolism.
- In 1982, Dr. Guoxun Chen became an undergraduate student in the Department of Virology and Molecular Biology at Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei Province, People's Republic of China.
- He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in 1986 and Master of Science degree in 1989.
- He had worked in Hubei Academy of Medical Science from 1989 to 1995.
- He came to the United Stated in 1995 and graduated with a PhD of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- After the graduation, Dr. Chen entered the lab of Drs, Joseph Goldstein, and Michael Brown as a research fellow.
- Since 2006, Dr. Chen joined the faculty of the Department of Nutrition and established his independent research lab at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville as a tenure-track assistant professor.
- His research team has begun to study the roles of vitamin A in the metabolism of glucose and fatty acid in the liver.
- Since 2012, Dr. Chen has become a tenured-associate professor in the department of nutrition at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.