Via Conte Ruggero,
73 - 94018 Troina (En),
cerebrovascular diseases, vascular-related cognitive impairments, neuropsychiatric diseases, Clinical Neurophysiology, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and, more recently, sleep disorders and gluten-related neuropathology.
- Dr. Lanza was born in Catania (Italy) in 1982.
- He is currently Consultant Neurologist and Clinical Researcher at the Department of Neurology I.C. of the “Oasi Institute for Research on Mental Retardation and Brain Aging (I.R.C.C.S.) in Troina (Italy), which is a Collaborating Center of the World Health Organization (WHO) for Research and Training in Neuroscience.
- After graduation with honours in Medicine in 2007, he trained at the School of Neurology of the University of Catania, and he is now a PhD Student at the same Institution.
- He specialized in cerebrovascular diseases and Neurosonology at the “Stroke Unit based on the “Sant Andrea Civic Hospital in La Spezia (Italy).
- As visiting clinical research Fellow, he further trained at the Department of Clinical Neurophysiology of the “Royal Victoria Infirmary and at the Department of Neuroscience, Newcastle University (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK).
- In 2013 he was selected for one the six Scientific Fellowship promoted by the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS), with a project titled “Visual hallucinations in dementia with Lewy bodies: a combined TMS/EEG study.
- From October 2015, he teaches Neurology as Assistant Professor at the “Kore University of Enna (Italy).
- He has co-authored about 60 publications in international refereed scientific Journals and Conferences and he is also Editorial Board member and invited Reviewer of several international Journals.