Department of Clinical Pathology,
University Hospital Marcianise (CE), Italy.
Cytopathology, Thyroid Cancer and BRAF mutation, Cyto Morphometry and Histopathology.
- Giuseppe Di Benedetto completed his Ph.D. at the age of 26 at University of Naples (Italy) Federico II , and postdoctoral studies at the Service of Cytopathology of University of Naples.
- He is a person in charge of Cytopathology at UOC of Pathological Anatomy (Aversa) of Second University of Naples .
- He has published more than 20 papers on reputed journals and is editorial board member and reviewer of several peer reviewed journals .
- He has obtained a Top Prize named "ABM technology" in 2011 during the National Conference of Clinical Pathology on "The role of the BRAF gene in the diagnosis of papillary carcinoma."
- Recently , he has published some studies on the thyroid cytology and on the role of the B-Raf mutation proposing a new technique for Dna extraction by Fine needle citology (FNC) , to improve the diagnostic accurancy of papillary carcinoma.
- Dr Di Benedetto is a dedicated, full time cytopathologist ( a professional hybrid according to Prof. LG Koss).