Department of Physiology,
Faculty of Medicine,
University of Malaya,
Kuala Lumpur- 50603, Malaysia.
Systems Physiology, Reproductive Biology, Diabetes and their complications, Natural Products Research.
- Antidiabetic effect of α-mangostin and its protective role in sexual dysfunction of streptozotocin induced diabetic male rats.
- Leukemia Inhibitory Factor: Roles in Embryo Implantation and in Non-Hormonal Contraception.
- Prenatal di‐n‐butyl phthalate exposure alters reproductive functions at adulthood in male rats.
- Aqueous extract of Phyllanthus niruri leaves displays in vitro antioxidant activity and prevents the elevation of oxidative stress in the kidney of streptozotocin-induced diabetic male rats.
- Quercetin ameliorates oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis in the heart of streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced adult male diabetic rats.
- Chlorophytum borivilianum (Safed Musli) root extract prevents impairment in characteristics and elevation of oxidative stress in sperm of streptozotocin-induced adult male diabetic Wistar rats.
- Protective effect of aqueous seed extract of Vitis Vinifera against oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis in the pancreas of adult male rats with diabetes mellitus.
- Vitis vinifera (Muscat Variety) seed ethanolic extract preserves activity levels of enzymes and histology of the liver in adult male rats with diabetes.
- Chlorophytum borivilianum root extract maintains near normal blood glucose, insulin and lipid profile levels and prevents oxidative stress in the pancreas of streptozotocin-induced adult male diabetic rats.
- Rhinacanthin C ameliorates hyperglycaemia, hyperlipidemia and pancreatic destruction in streptozotocin–nicotinamide induced adult male diabetic rats.