Sapienza University of Rome,
Faculty of Medicine and Psychology,
Sant Andrea Hospital.
- From 1991 he worked at the Ophthalmological Physio pathological department of â€œTor Vergataâ€ University of Rome, where from 1993 he organized a day-hospital service for the study and care of Glaucoma which he directed until 2005.
- From 1994 he was appointed in charge of the entire day-hospital ward and of the laser therapy service, of the Ophthalmological Physio pathological department, roles that he held until his transfer.
- From November 1997, the Ophthalmological Physio pathological Department was integrated with the Rm B National Health Service and provided with an in-patient ward and operating theatre services at the Casilino General Hospital.
- From that time he held the position of First Assistant arranging the Glaucoma centre and the overall supervision of the A & E service and the day hospital.
- From November -99 to 2001 he was in charge of the in-patient ward.
- From November -97, when the operating theatre was set up, until February 2005 he carried out approximately 1700 operations (cataract, cornea transplant, glaucoma, retina detachment) as main surgeon or tutor.
- On numerous occasions and even for some long periods, in the absence of the consultant, he took over this role, carrying out it’s tasks and offices.
- From 2002 to 2005 he also carried out surgical diagnostic consultancy at the Tor Vergata General Hospital where he did numerous diagnostic tests establishing a Ultrasound service and also carried out over one hundred surgical operations.
- In March 2005 he was unanimously appointed Associate Professor of the second Faculty of Medicine of the “La Sapienza” University of Rome
- From the time he started working at the Sant-Andrea Hospital (April 2005) he has carried out the role of 1st Assistant, Medical executive 1st level, rearranging the activities of the operating theatre and taking over the direction of the day-hospital service for the care and prevention of glaucoma and corneal pathologies establishing a scientific collaboration with the Moorfield hospital of London for the prevention and care of congenital glaucoma.
- From 1th of November 2016 he is Head of Ophthalmology unit at Sant Andrea Hospital.
- During his clinical activity he carried out approximately 5000 laser treatments for various ocular pathologies and over 7000 ophthalmological surgical operations for various pathologies.
- Author of approximately 200 publications on Italian and foreign journals, chapters of books, and monographies, he has a Hindex of 12 (source google scholar).
- He is Member of the Editorial Board of the International Scientific Journals: Annals of Ophthalmology, Current Updates in Ophthalmology and Journal of Ophthalmology
- Referee of the international journals: Graefe's Archive for clinical and experimental opthalmology , PlosOne, IOVS, Advances in Ophthalmology & Visual System, Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, Journal of Ophthalmology,