CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
(Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)
Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India
Tarnaka, Hyderabad-500007, Telangana, INDIA.
Environmental physiology, Impact of xenobiotics on Biochemical and Physiological mechanisms of animals.
- Dr. Ghousia Begum obtained Ph.D from Osmania University and joined CSIR- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology in the year 1998.
- She has significantly contributed to the field of Ecotoxicology (aquatic toxicology), Biochemical, Molecular and physiological Mechanisms of Toxicity and Environmental Biology.
- She is actively engaged in developing biomarkers which are very useful to assess and control the risk of long term outcomes associated with exposure to xenobiotics.
- She is also working on alternative animal models which include lower invertebrates (Dapnia) and vertebrates (Zebra fish and edible fishes) for toxicity evaluation.
- She has published more than 30 research articles in reputed peer reviewed National and International journals. She has more than 500 citations to her credit.
- She has been awarded YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD for the year 1993 by National Environmental Science Academy (NESA), gold medal for academic excellence and SCIENTIST OF THE YEAR AWARD-2012 by NESA. She has edited a book entitled "ECOTOXICOLOGY" published by InTech.
- She is on the editorial board of 11 International journals, to site a few, Toxicology (Elsevier Science only Indian on the board), journal of environmental chemistry and ecotoxicology. She is Editor of two journals.