University of Gondar,
HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malnutrition and child health.
- Getahun Asres is the SCOPE Manager in Gondar, Ethiopia, and has been working as the chairman of the SCOPE Steering Committee in Gondar.
- He is now the principal investigator of the FLAME project (Faith Leaders Advocating for Maternal Empowerment) funded by NAS/USAID.
- Getahun is an internal medicine doctor and a public health professional working at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, the University of Gondar.
- He has done a lot of research works on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malnutrition and child health.
- In addition, he works as a clinician at the University of Gondar Hospital, teaching and supervising resident physicians at the Department of Internal Medicine.