Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Surgical anatomy and embryology of gastrointestinal tract, Congenital anomalies of bones and muscles, Entrapment syndromes of nerves and neuropathies, Variational anatomy of vascular system, Trauma and surgery, History of Anatomy, Anatomical nomenclature, Anthropometric studies
- Dr George K. Paraskevas born in Greece and works as Associate Professor of Anatomy at Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh), Thessaloniki, Greece.
- He received the Medical degree from Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, attained the Ph.D. degree in 2000 (degree: excellent) and gained full qualification as specialist in orthopaedic surgery in 2005.
- In 2005 was appointed as Postdoctoral Lecturer at Department of Anatomy, AUTh and in 2010 served as Assistant Professor at the Department of Anatomy in Medical School of AUTh and since 2014 serves as Associate Professor.
- He has also served in the past as a Visiting Professor of Anatomy at Pharmacy School (AUTh), at School of Sports Science (AUTh), at School of Arts (AUTh).
- His research and scientific fields of interest include congenital anomalies of bones and muscles, trauma and surgery, entrapment syndromes of nerves and neuropathies, variational anatomy of vascular system, history of Anatomy, anatomical nomenclature, anthropometric studies and surgical anatomy and embryology of gastrointestinal tract.
- Dr G Paraskevas is a member of the Editorial Board of 88 international medical journals and supervisor and member of the advisory board of 15 dissertations (Ph.D Thesis).
- He published over 160 papers in international medical journals indexed in PubMed and is author of several textbooks of anatomy.