Director for Systems and Diseases-Neurology,
Medical University of Americas,
- Epilepsy; Clinical and experimental; Human, animal and neural network modelling.
- Parkinson disease.
- Vascular disorders.
- Post traumatic stress disorder.
- Epigenetics of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- Over 30-years of research and teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs.
- Last academic position held- Department of Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour McMaster University and Michael G. Degroote McMaster Medical School Canada.
- Extensive research with Department of Neurology, Brain and Behaviour McMaster University, Canada; Department of Neurology, NIMHANS (India); National Centre of Biological Sciences (India); Department of Physiology, Ramaiah Medical College (India); Department of Theoretical Physics Indian Institute of Sciences (India).
- Several original scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals, book chapters and reviews.
- Received several national awards in neurology, neurophysiology and pharmacology.
- On the editorial panel of several international journals in neurology and psychiatry.
- Guided several undergraduate and post-graduate students in basic science and clinical research.