Senior Research Scientist Director,
Male Fertility Program and Sperm Physiology Laboratory
Dept. Ob/Gyn and Reproductive Sciences
Yale University School of Medicine
333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06510,
- Pioneering work on male infertility;
- biosynthesis of muscle proteins, contributing to Muscular Dystrophy;
- the pathogenesis and treatment of preterm labor;
- Dr. Huszar is a Senior Research Scientist in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, and Director of the Sperm Physiology Laboratory and the Male Infertility Program at the Yale School of Medicine.
- Dr. Huszar’s research focuses on spermatozoa structure and function, including development of sperm biomarkers of fertility that facilitated the objective assessment of sperm fertility, and facilitated a novel approach for an improved ICSI sperm selection that now is used all over the World.
- Dr. Huszar received his Medical degree at the Medical School of Budapest University, and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Yale.
- Dr. Huszar is member of the Society of Gynecologic Investigation, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the American Society of Andrology, and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.
- Dr. Huszar has been on the Editorial Board of several Journals, including, the Biology of Reproduction, Journal of Andrology, Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, and Reproductive Technology Update.
- Dr. Huszar’s honors include membership in the NIH Reproductive Biology Study Section, and other grant review panels of the NIH, National Science Foundation and March of Dimes Foundation.
- He was also awarded the Male Reproduction and Urology Prize from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, and the President’s Prize from the Society of Gynecologic Investigation.
- Dr Huszar’s other honors include an invitation from the Nobel Prize Committee to participate in a Nobel Conference at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, election into the Hungarian National Academy of Sciences, and election for membership in the Connecticut Academy of Sciences and Engineering.
- Dr. Huszar has published over 120 papers and has been invited speaker over 80 National and International Congresses.