Viale delle Scienze, edificio 16
Role of extracellular vesicles in cell-to-cell communication, and as possible biomarkers in multiple sclerosis
- 1995: Degree in Biological Sciences (110/110 magna cum laude), University of Palermo, Italy. Title of the thesis: “Regulation of the heat shock gene expression in sea urchin embryos”.
- 1996: Recipient of a Fellowship from “Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Sicilia”
- 1998: “Embryology: Concepts and Techniques in Modern Developmental Biology”. Course at Marine Biological Laboratories (Woods Hole, MA)
- 2000: “Microinjection techniques in cell biology”. Course at Marine Biological Laboratories (Woods Hole, MA)
- 2002-2003: Recipient of a Fellowship from Neuropsychiatric Institute
- 2003: PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology (full marks), University of Palermo, Italy. Title of the thesis: “Identification and characterization of two HSF in P.lividus embryos during embryogenesis”.
- 2003/2008: Recipient of a Post-Doctoral Fellowship from the Italian Health Ministry, Palermo, Italy
- From 2008 researcher in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Palermo, Italy (SSD BIO/06).
- 2004/2005: Comparative Anatomy
- 2005/2006: Comparative Anatomy
- 2006/2007: Comparative Anatomy
- 2007/2008: Developmental Biology
- 2008/2009: Comparative Anatomy and Developmental Biology
- 2009/2010: Cellular Biology
- 2010/2011: Cellular Biology
- 2009/present day: Member of the Scientific Committee of the PhD course in Cell and Developmental Biology
- 2003/present day: Member of the CSSI
- 2010/present day: Member of ABCD society