Department of Pharmacognosy,
Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Ankara,
Her research combines pharmacognosy and pharmacological approaches to focus on
- Bioassay guided isolation of active constituents - Phytochemistry and Analytical Pharmacognosy
- Anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive, antirheumatic and antidepressant activities of folk remedies and synthesized compounds
- Wound healing assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites
- Isolation of the natural compounds from the medicinal plants used against gynecological disorders
- Anti-carcinogenic assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites.
Prof.Dr. Esra KÜPELİ AKKOL was born in Turkey. She got her Bachelor of Science degree in Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Turkey and got her Ph.D. degree in Pharmacognosy Department from the University of Gazi. She is currently Professor in the Gazi University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy. She served in many capacities in her field including service on several editorial boards and numerous review committees for journals such as Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Journal of Pharmacy Sciences, The Internet Journal of Herbal and Plant Medicine, International Journal of Genuine Traditional Medicine, Advances in Pharmacological Sciences, Evidence Based Complementary Alternative Medicine and The Open Pain Journal. She has conducted 45 projects and 13 thesis in Gazi University. She has 160 published articles in SCI International Journals, 13 articles in National Journals and 10 chapters in International books.
- YESILADA, E., KUPELI, E.: Berberis crataegina DC. Root Exhibits Potent Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic and Febrifuge Effects in Mice and Rats, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 79, 237-248 (2002).
- KUPELI, E., KOSAR, M., YESILADA, E., BASER, K.H.C.: A Comparative Study on the Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic and Febrifuge Effects of Isoquinoline Alkaloids from the Roots of Turkish Berberis Species, Life Sciences, 72(6), 645-57 (2002).
- ERDEMOGLU, N., KUPELI, E., YESILADA, E.: Anti-inflammatory and Antinociceptive Activity Assessment of Plants Used as Remedy in Turkish folk Medicine, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 89, 123-129 (2003).
- KUPELI, E., ERDEMOGLU, N. YESILADA, E., SENER, B.: Anti-inflammatory and Antinociceptive Activity of Taxoids and Lignans from the Heartwood of Taxus baccata L., Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 89, 265-270 (2003).
- GULCAN, O., UNLU, S., BANOGLU, E., SAHİN, M.F., KUPELI, E., YESILADA, E.: Synthesis of New 4-(5-Chloro-2-oxo-3H-benzoxazol-3-yl) butanamide Derivatives and their Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Properties. Turkish Journal of Chemistry, 27, 467-476 (2003).
- BANOGLU, E., OKCELIK, B., KUPELI, E., UNLU, S., YESILADA, E., AMAT, M., CATURLA, J., SAHIN, M.F.: Amide Derivatives of 5-Chloro-6-(2-chloro of fluorobenzoyl)2-benzoxazolinone-3-yl acetic acids as Potential Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Compounds, Archive Der Pharmazie, 336, 251-257 (2003).
- GULCAN, O., KUPELI, E., UNLU, S., YESILADA, E., SAHIN, M.F.: 4-(5-Chloro-2(3H)-benzoxazolon-3-yl) Butanoic Acid Derivatives: Synthesis, Antinociceptive and Anti-inflammatory Properties, Arch. Pharm. Pharm. Med. Chem., 336, 477-482 (2003)
- UNLU, S., BAYTAS, S., KUPELI, E., YESILADA, E.: Studies on Novel 7-Acyl-5-Chloro-2-Benzoxazolinone Derivatives as Potent Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Agents, Archive Der Pharmazie, 336, 310-321(2003).
- UNLU, S., ONKOL, T., DUNDAR, Y., OKCELIK, B., KUPELI, E., YESILADA, E., NOYANALPAN, N., SAHIN, M.F.: Synthesis Analgesic and Antiinflammatory Activity of Some New 6-acyl-2-benzothiazolinone Derivatives with Acetic Acid and Propanoic Acis Residues, Archive Der Pharmazie , 336(8), 353-61 (2003).
- OKCELIK, B., UNLU, S., BANOGLU, E., KUPELI, E., YESILADA, E., ŞAHİN M. F.: Investigations on new pyridazinone derivatives for the synthesis of potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory compounds with cyclooxygenase inhibition, Arch. Pharm. Pharm. Med. Chem., 336(9), 406-412 (2003).