Erxi Wu, Ph.D. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
North Dakota State University,
203 Sudro Hall NDSU,
Dept 2665 PO Box 6050 Fargo, ND 58108-6050.
Tumor therapeutic targets, drug targets, biomarkers, drug discovery
- Dr. Erxi Wu is a faculty member at North Dakota State University, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Concurrently, he has been a special faculty member at the Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing since 2007.
- He has also served as Chair of Advisory Board for Howfond BioPharma, Inc., USA since 2006.
- He was a faculty member in Children’s Hospital Informatics Program (CHIP) at Health Sciences and Technology Division, Harvard-Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from 2005 to 2008.
- Prior to that, he obtained his postdoctoral research training at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School from 1998 to 2004 and his Ph.D. research training at Sheffield Medical School, University of Sheffield, UK from 1995 to 1998.
- He was a Visiting Fellow in Cancer Research Campaign (CRC) Therapeutics Center, The Institute of Cancer Research, University of London from 1994 to 1995.
- He was a Guest Lecturer in Pharmacology at Hunan University from 1992-1993.
- He was Pharmacologist and Pharmacologist-in-charge at Hunan Institute for Drug Control from 1983 to 1994.
- He served as President of International Association of Biological and Medical Research (IABMR) (2002-2003), President of Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professional Association-New England (SAPA-NE) (2003-2004) and Vice President of SAPA (2003-2004).
- He is currently a Board Director for Chinese-American BioMedical Association (CABA).
- He has been an editorial member and reviewer for more than 20 peer-reviewed journals such as Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, Cancer Research, Current Molecular Medicine, Molecular Cancer Research, Current Pharmaceutical Design, FEBS Letters, Journal of Clinical Rehabilitative Tissue Engineering Research, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Translational Research, Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, etc.
- He has been the recipient of numerous national and international awards such as Sino-British Friendship Scholarship Scheme (SBFSS) Scholarship, ORS (Overseas Research Scholarship) Scholarship, Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professional Association Excellence Service Award (twice), National Library of Medicine fellowship, International Association of Biological and Medical Research Outstanding Leadership Award, ND EPSCoR Award, and NDSU CVCN project award.
- He has trained a dozen of postdoctoral fellows, research assistants, Ph.D. students, and professional students.
- He is often invited to give talks in the related national and international meetings.
- He has published more than 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals and his research areas include tumor therapeutic targets, anticancer natural products, Traditional Chinese Medicine, drug discovery, biomarkers, and pharmacogenomics.
- His research has been recently featured by NDSU.