10666 North Torrey Pines Rd
La Jolla, CA 92037
Acute and Chronic migraine prevention and treatment.
- Emily Rubenstein Engel, MD, is a neurologist specializing in headache medicine.
- As a headache specialist and associate director of the Scripps Dalessio Headache Center at Scripps Clinic, she provides treatment for migraines, including nerve blocks and Botox.
- She also treats patients for cluster headaches, trigeminal neuralgia and occipital neuralgia, as well as dizziness, vertigo and seizure disorders.
- Her expertise in Botox for migraines has allowed her to train other physicians on this procedure. In addition, she conducts research on migraines and treatment outcomes.
- She has also published articles on Botox for migraines, as well as other preventive approaches to migraine headaches.
- Dr. Engel is the past president of the San Diego Neurology Society and a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Headache Society, the International Headache Society and the Headache Cooperative of the Pacific.