National Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries
Marine Invertebrates Laboratory, Aquaculture Division,
National Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries,
Alexandria, 21556, Egypt.
Oceanography, Biological Sciences
- 2007 - Present World Aquaculture Society (WAS)
- 2007 - Present World Aquaculture Society US Chapter.
- 2008 - Present National Shellfisheries Association (NSA).
- 2004 - Present Sigma Psi chapter, Beta Beta Beta Biological honor Society.
- 1989 - Present Egyptian Syndicate of Scientific Professions.
Honors, Awards and Grants:
- 2010: El-Wazzan and Scarpa. Biomarker Assisted Selection for Disease-Resistance in Clams for Establishing Egyptian and Improving American Bivalve Aquaculture, a two years project 6
- (2010 – 2012) funded by the US-Egypt Joint Program (Science and Technology Development Fund). $200 K.
- 2010: International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM) Scholarship, Circular Course Bivalve Shellfish Safety Management, Santiago, Spain.
- 2008: Spring 2008, GSA Travel Award (best abstract), Graduate Students Association, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL.
- 2008: NSA Travel Award for high quality abstract, National Shellfisheries Association "The 100th Annual NSA Meeting"
- 2007 – 2008: GSA Teaching Assistantship, Graduate Students Association, Florida Institute of Technology.
- 2003: Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution Summer Internship.
- 2000: Egyptian Governmental Doctoral Fellowship (5 years) in the amount of 103,000 $US.
- 2000: First Distinguished Graduate Student Achievement Award by the Egyptian Syndicate of Scientific Professions.
- 1992: International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) short-course fellowship, Monaco, France.
- 1989: First Distinguished Undergraduate student Achievement Award by the Egyptian Syndicate of Scientific Professions.
- 1989: First Distinguished Achievement Outstanding Student Award by Alexandria University.