Refractory and Ceramic Materials Division (RCMD), Central Metallurgical R&D Institute (CMRDI).
Refractory and Ceramic Materials Division (RCMD)
Central Metallurgical R&D Institute (CMRDI)
P.O.BOX 87 Helwan, 11421 Cairo,
- Processing of glass and ceramic fibers Processing and sintering of ceramics for solar energy applications.
- Processing and sintering of ceramics for optical and magnetic applications.
- Processing and sintering of bioceramic materials.
- Tailoring of functionally graded ceramics.
- Processing of glass ceramics, refractory cement and refractory castables. Development and processing of porous/foam ceramics from standard and nonstandard materials.
- Processing of nanomaterials from nonstandard and nonstandard sources. Simulation of carbon antioxidant to manufacture of carbon containing refractories.
- Ph. D. Degree in Inorganic Chemistry (Ceramics), Faculty of Science, Cairo University, April 1997.
- M. Sc. Degree in Chemistry Faculty of Science, Cairo University, March 1992.
- B.Sc. Chemistry from Faculty of Science, Cairo University,
- May 1987.
POSITIONS: professor/Head of the Division.
1. M. Alaa, M. Rady, M. Attia, E. Ewais, “Thermo-mechanical modeling and micro-design of high temperature
volumetric solar receivers using ceramic honeycombs,” International Journal of Energy research, under review.
2. Emad M.M. Ewais, Ahmed A.M. El-Amir, Amira M. M. Amin, Bahgat E. H. El-Anadouli, “ Large-scale green
synthesis of nanoscale single crystalline β-CaSiO3 powder as feedstock for biomedical applications,” Under
3. Shimaa A. Abo Elkassem, Omayma A. Elkady, Walaa A. Hussein, Emad. M. M. Ewais, “Effect of zirconium
oxide addition on the properties of (WC – TiC - Co) composite as cutting tool,” Under review.