Molecular Genetics & Biotechnology Lab,
P. O. Box 24481,
Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Population Genetics. Particularly specilization in Tropical and Infectious Diseases
Education/Training Institution and Location:
- BSc 12/1987 Biochemistry University of Nairobi, Kenya
- MSc 12/1992 Biochemistry (medicine) University of Georgia, USA
- PhD 12/1999 Cellular Biology University of Georgia, USA
- Postdoctoral 10/2002 Infectious Diseases
- My professional career and studies is Biochemistry and Cellular Biology with specialization in Tropical and Infectious Diseases.
- I have many years experience coordinating Molecular Biology Laboratory andI also have short trainings in Bioinformatics and Genomics (2005 and 2009).
- On this background I regularly teach (adjunct appointments) and supervise several undergraduate and postgraduate students in various Kenyan universities.
- My current laboratory at Institute of Primate Research, Kenya provides standard molecular biology tools for laboratory focused and epidemiology field studies in infectious and hereditary diseases, alongside phylogenetic studies.
- My previous duty station was Molecular Genetics Laboratory at National Museums of Kenya, a laboratory I reopened in 2003 after 2 years closure.
- The laboratory is today vibrant in conservation genetics with a major role in barcoding of species. I intend to maintain joint cooperation in medical aspects of biodiversity between the National Museums laboratory and Institute of Primate Research facility.