District AIDS Program Officer,
O/o Chief Medical Officer,
Kangra at Dharamshala,
Public health, Immunization, Maternal and child health, adolescent health
- That I as District Epidemiologist, Chamba cum Faculty, in prestigious Regional Health and Family Welfare Training Centre, CHHEB, Kangra-Himachal Pradesh have been teaching and training all the health personnel of the state cadre of Health department of Himachal Pradesh, right from the medical officers to class IV of the department for the last over three years since 2006 and I am also associated with the investigation of the epidemics and research work and surveillance activities in the district. I joined service as General Duty Officer in health department of government of Himachal Pradesh in June, 1986.
- That one of my remarkable achievements in district Kangra of Himachal Pradesh are the recommendations about the second dose opportunity for measles at the age of 16-24 months, the first dose to be administered at 9 months of age of child under Universal Immunization Programme (UIP). Secondly, the circulating measles strains in the district have been detected to be genotyped as D4 by Laboratory of National Institute of Virology, Pune. We have investigated laboratory confirmed outbreaks of measles and German measles in district Kangra, Himachal Pradesh. On the basis of remarkable observations derived from laboratory confirmed measles/rubella outbreaks in district Kangra of Himachal Pradesh, the recommendations were put forward about the second dose opportunity for measles/MR at the age of 16-24 months. Based upon our analytical studies/recommendations for eliminating the outbreaks in the state, the govt. of India has proposed to introduce MR vaccination in well performing states like Himachal Pradesh with first booster of DPT and Polio. In this context, I presented an oral scientific research presentation- Factors responsible to precipitate outbreaks of measles in the hilly areas of district Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India in 2007 on 6th TEPHINET Global Scientific Conference; December 13Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 17th, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa and also recently, another presentation-A double infection of measles-german measles in District Kangra of Northern India-in 7th Global Scientific Conference, November 10-15, 2012 at Amman, Jordan.
- That I have done my five post graduations in different specialities. Latest two years ago, I have passed out (i) MAE-FETP (MD-Applied Epidemiology-recognized by Medical council of India) from National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai (India) in 2008; (ii) Also I have done my (PGDCHFWM) - Post Graduate Certificate Course in Health Management from National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi, India in 2001; (iii) I have too done my (PGDMCH)-Post Graduate Diploma in Maternal and Child Health from IGNOU, New Delhi, India in 2003; (iv) I have done my (PGDHHM)-Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management from IGNOU, New Delhi, India in 2004; (v) I have done my MA (Phil) in 1985 from GND University, Amritsar (Punjab, India.
- That I have undertaken WHO pulse polio monitorship twice in the two districts-Una and Mandi of Himachal Pradesh, India and conveyed my actual and factual reports.
- That many of my research abstracts papers on the different topics of investigations have either been accepted; or published; or presented nationally or at international
(a) International Editorial Board Member_African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology;
(b) Hony. Editor, American Journal of Public Health Research;
(c) Member_National Editorial Advisory Board: *Indian Journal of Trauma and Emergency Pediatrics;
(d) Editorial Board Member - *Wudpecker Journal of Medical Sciences; *Journal of Environmental Science & Water Resources; *World Journal of Medicine and Medical Science Research;
(e) Editor-in-Chief-Paediatric Education and Research