Department of Chemistry
National Institute of Technology,Raipur
Molecular Dynamics simulation, Hydrogen bonded liquids, Protein Denaturation, Corrosion Science and Technology.
- Dr Subrat Kumar Pattanayak received his B.Sc. degree from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar and M.Sc. degree with specialization in Physical Chemistry from Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
- He obtained his M.Tech Degree in Corrosion Science and Technology from National Institute of Technology (NIT) Durgapur.
- He has received his Ph. D. degree in Computational Chemistry from IIT Bhubaneswar in 2014.
- Dr. Pattanayak has carried out his post-doctoral research at Department of Chemistry, IIT Hyderabad.
- He is engaged in basic research in the broad area of molecular dynamic simulation study of hydrogen bonded liquid in aqueous and non-aqueous systems, Osmolytes effect on protein denaturation and Density functional theory (DFT).
- He published his research work in Journal of Chemical Physics (American Institute of Physics), Journal of physical Chemistry B (American Chemical Society), Journal of Molecular Liquids (Elsvier), Molecular Physics (Taylor Fransis).
- He is associated with different chemical societies like Orissa Chemical Society, Indian Chemical Society, and Indian Council of Chemistry.
- He was awarded a gold medal for being the topper in M.Tech from NIT Durgapur.
- He was also a recipient of Young Scientist award in chemical Science from Orissa Chemical Society.