930, SW Gibbs street,
- Molecular correlates of Immune response
- Tumor Immunology
- Dhaarini Murugan graduated at Madurai University, India, and joined the Hannover Medical School MD PhD program in 2010.
- She was interested in shedding light on immunological mechanisms that control tolerance towards the microbiome in the human intestinal tract.
- Dhaarina analyzed immune cells from patients with very rare genetic defects, helped to discover new defects and contributed to our understanding of the IL-10 pathway in colitis.
- Dhaarini (co-)authored several scientific manuscripts published in major peer-reviewed journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine, Blood, Gastroenterology, and the Journal of Clinical Immunology.
- Currently, she is a postdoctoral fellow in Lisa Coussen’s laboratory at the Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health State University, USA.