Manvel Texas 77578.
EHR, Usability, safety
- Debora Simmons, PhD, RN, CCNS is an advanced practice nurse in critical and acute care with an extensive background in technology and complex patient care systems.
- Her career has focused on healthcare quality and safety as an educator, leader, researcher and patient advocate.
- She serves on the Education and Disciplinary Advisory Committee for the Texas Board of Nursing.
- She is a subject matter expert for the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Dr. Simmons is trustee of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices and a board member of the National Healthcare Diversity Board.
- Her research focuses on environmental influences in safety and error analysis in electronic health records.