Department of Pharmacy, Health And Nutritional Sciences,
University Of Calabria,
Arcavacata Di Rende (Cs), Italy.
Chronic pain, Ageing and Aromatherapy for the treatment of Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSDs).
From November 2011:
- PhD student at the University of Calabria - PhD in Cellular Biochemistry and oncology drugs. Research activity: study of the mechanisms involved in mechanical sensitization in animal models of neuropathic pain and analysis of experimental models of inflammatory pain.
- Qualification to the profession of pharmacist.
- Research activity at the Pharmacology laboratory of the Pharmaco-Biological Department of the University of Calabria. Purpose of the research activity: study of the experimental model of neuropathic pain.
- Master's Degree in Pharmacy with honors from the University of Calabria.
- Master's thesis in Pharmacology entitled: Pain sensitivity in a mouse model of dystonia and response to drug treatment with Gabapentin.
- 100/100 Scientific Maturity with mention of commendation.
1. In vivo: Spinal Nerve Ligation and behavioral tests (Von Frey test, Hargreaves test, Formalin test, Capsaicin test).
3. Fluorescence microscopy and in particular Deconvolution Microscopy.
Statistical analysis using the Student's t test or ANOVA and the Tukey multiple comparison test.
Use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Power Point and GraphPad Prism.
Participation In Conventions And Seminars:
March 13, 2012:
- Seminar - Metabotropic GABAb receptors and their potential as therapeutic targets - University of Calabria.
March 25, 2011:
- Seminar within the II level Master "Biotechnologies, Health and Rights". University of Calabria.
January 13th 2011:
- Round table - Glaucoma and neuroprotection: from basic research new therapeutic perspectives. University of Calabria.
22nd - 24th September 2010:
- Molecular targets for novel pain therapeutics - From basic research to clinical translation. University of Calabria.