Rush University Medical Center.
Rush University Medical Center,
1725 W Harrison Street, Suite 319,
Chicago, IL 60612.
- Dendritic cell biology (development, function)
- Liver fibrosis biology (immune modulation)
- Immune tolerance and rejection after solid organ transplants
- IL15 signaling
- Dr. Costica Aloman, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 23 years.
- He graduated from Universitatea De Medicina Si Farmacie Carol Davila, Facultatea De Medicina in 1995 and specializes in gastroenterology and transplant hepatology.
- Dr. Costica Aloman is currently the Medical Director of the Liver Transplant Program at Rush University Medical Center.
- He has over 8 years of experience in transplant hepatology, gastroenterology, and internal medicine.
- His expertise includes alcoholic liver disease, autoimmune disorders, autoimmune hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, liver cancer, adult liver transplant and living donor liver transplantation.
- Dr. Aloman's research is focused on understanding alcohol effects on immune system, developing antifibrotic agents, deciphering dendritic cell development and fibrosis biology.
- Dr. Aloman is currently a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) and the American College of Physicians.
- His awards include the AASLD-ALF Liver Scholar Award (2011) and AASLD Advance Hepatology Fellowship Grant (2007).
- Dr. Aloman currently has an academic appointment from the Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Section of Hepatology, Rush Medical College.
- He is a Hepatology Teaching Attending in the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship Program at Rush University Medical Center.