Nutrition Science Initiative 5930 Cornerstone Ct. W., Suite 190,
San Diego, CA 92121,
Nutrition, weight loss, obesity
- Dr. Christopher Ochner completed his PhD in clinical psychology at Drexel University in Philadelphia in 2006.
- He then completed an individual NIH grant fellowship at the Columbia University Institute of Human Nutrition/New York Obesity Nutrition Research Center.
- In 2009, he received an NIH career development award and was promoted to faculty at the Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons.
- He became the youngest Columbia faculty to run an independent research laboratory, publishing >20 peer-reviewed articles since 2009.
- He has served as a mentor for graduate students, fullbright scholars, residents and fellows.
- Now, as faculty at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and Director of Research Training and Development at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, Dr. Ochner is working to develop a clinically-based program of research in the area of obesity prevention and treatment, as well as fostering the development of research in other areas within the Adolescent Health Center.