Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
3900 NCTR Road,
Jefferson, AR, 72079,USA
- Stem cell biology
- Application of Systems Biology in Neurotoxicological Studies during Development
- Activity-induced Synaptic Plasticity and Neural
- Cheng Wang, M.D., Ph.D. is a Senior Scientist at the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)/US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- He is also an Adjunct Faculty member in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).
- Dr. Wang is currently the P.I. on 4 research protocols supported by the NCTR/FDA, National Toxicology Program and NICHD.
- He is currently responsible for leading a research team that provides unique and highly specialized skills in neural toxicology, pharmacology, systems biology and stem cell biology research.
- Dr. Wang has published more than 63 peer-reviewed research articles in prestigious journals and 12 book chapters.
- Dr. Wang is an Editor-in-Chief of the book entitled “Developmental Neurotoxicology Research: Principles, Models, Techniques, Strategies, and Mechanisms.
- He also serves on the editorial board of 3 reputed journals and as a reviewer of 10 other journals.
- Dr. Wang was awarded the Outstanding Performance Award at the Society of Toxicology 44th Annual Meeting and the 2007 FDA Scientific Achievement Award for Excellence in Laboratory Science.
- He also was awarded a 2008 FDA Group Recognition Award for his participation in the Pediatric Anesthesia Research Group.