Associate Professor, Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia
Division of Biological Sciences 102 Lefevre Hall University of Missouri Columbia, MO 65211
Behavior, Cell Biology, Development, Ecology, Evolution, Genetics and Genomics, Molecular Biology, Neurobiology, Plant Biology, Quantitative and Computational Biology.
- Matuscak S and Tan C. 2016. Who are the parents of Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0? BIO-Complexity. 1-5.
- Tan C. 2016. Big Gaps and Short Bridges: A Model for Solving the Discontinuity Problem, Answers Research Journal. 149–162.
- Tan C. 2015. Using taxonomically restricted essential genes to determine whether two organisms can belong to the same family tree, Answers Research Journal. 413–435.
- Tan C and Tomkins J. 2015. Information processing differences between bacteria and eukarya - implications for the myth of eukaryogenesis, Answers Research Journal. 143–162.
- Tan C and Tomkins J. 2015. Information processing differences between archaea and eukaryotes - implications for the myth of homologs and eukaryogenesis. Answers Research Journal. 121–141.
- Yamamoto S, Bayat, V, Bellen H, and Tan C. 2013. Protein Phosphatase 1ß Limits Ring Canal Constriction During Drosophila Germline Cyst Formation. PLoS One. 8
- Ong S, Foote C, and Tan C. Mutations of DMYPT cause over constriction of contractile rings and ring canals during drosophila germline cyst formation. Dev. Biol. 346: 161-9.
- Tan G and Tan C. 2010. SMC, a simple method to rapidly assemble multiple fragments into one construct. Frontiers in Bioscience. E2: 1105-1114.
- Ong S and Tan C. 2009. Germline cyst formation and incomplete cytokinesis during Drosophila melanogaster oogenesis. Dev. Biol. 337: 84-98.
- Tan G, Chen M, Foote C, and Tan C. 2009. Temperature-sensitive mutations made easy - generating conditional mutations by using TS-inteins that function within different temperature ranges. Genetics. 183(1): 13-22.