Department of Biochemistry,
University of Allahabad,
Molecular Biology of HIV/AIDS, Tropical Diseases (Filariasis/Malaria) and Biochemical Toxicology.
- Dr. Bechan Sharma is presently working as a Professor and Ex-Head, Department of Biochemistry Allahabad University, India. He completed his Ph.D. in Biochemistry from BHU-Varanasi.
- His earlier services include as an Assistant Professor at Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural sciences and Technology-J&K, Kashmir and as Associate Professor at Dr. RML Avadh University Faizabad.
- He has received number of Awards and Honors.
- Dr. Bechan Sharma has authored 4 books published and has carried out several research projects and published over 130 research papers including book chapters and also has one US patent on HIV-1 genome structure based antiHIV-1 drugs design to his credit.
- He is Chief-Editor/Associate Editor/Executive Editor and Member Editorial Board of 75 peer reviewed International and National Journals.
- Dr. Bechan Sharma is presently working as a Professor and Head, Department of Biochemistry Allahabad University, Allahabad.
- Prof. Sharma’s earlier services include as an Assistant Professor at Sher-e- Kashmir University of Agricultural sciences and Technology-J&K, Kashmir and as Associate Professor at Dr. RML Avadh University Faizabad.
- He has completed his higher educations such as B.Sc (Honours)-1980; M.Sc. (Biochemistry)-1982 and Ph.D. in Biochemistry(1988) from BHU-Varanasi.
- He has worked as a visiting scientist in USA for over three years and visited different labs at Italy, France, Iran, Thailand, Germany and Brazil for three to four months in similar capacity to conduct different collaborative research projects related to HIV-1 molecular biology, molecular epidemiology, bioinformatics and HIV-1 genome structure based antiHIV-1drug design etc.