Pediatric Infectious Diseases & Vaccines,
Charité University Medical Center,
Department of Pediatrics,
Division of Pneumonooy-Immunology.
Augustenburger Platz 1,
Vaccination, Virology, Immunization, Child Health, Respiratory Viruses, Infection Control.
- Chair of the Vienna Vaccine Safety Initiative
- Barbara is co-founder and chair of the Vienna Vaccine Safety Initiative (ViVI: www.vi-vi.org), an international think tank and non-profit organization focused on infectious disease research and communication.
- ViVI is a founding member of the International Association of Innovation Professionals and an institutional member of the European Forum for Good Clinical Practice.
- In collaboration with the School of Design Thinking in Potsdam, Germany, and the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium in Austin, USA, her team developed innovative mobile-health applications to improve quality of care, with a focus on children and their families.
- During the peak of the refugee arrivals to Germany in 2015, ViVI collaborated with Psychologische Hochschule Berlin to assess health needs among refugee children and adolescents.
- Barbara is a board-certified pediatrician with profound experience in clinical and translational research in the US, Latin America and Europe.
- She attended medical school in Germany, Spain and the US, and obtained her doctoral degrees in Switzerland and France.
- In addition to an infectious disease fellowship at Stanford, she has received pediatric residency and infectious disease subspecialty training at Duke and Tulane Universities, USA.
- Barbara is Honorary Professor at the University of Nottingham School of Medicine, UK.