- Organic Synthesis,
- Green Chemistry,
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Bapurao B. Shingate was born in Salagara (Divati), Osmanabad District of Maharashtra State, India, in 1975.
- He obtained his B. Sc and M.Sc. degrees from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad (MS), India.
- He did his Ph.D degree from University of Pune, Pune (MS) under the supervision of Dr. Braja G. Hazra at Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR), Pune.
- His Ph.D work focused on the stereoselective syntheses of steroidal unnatural C(20R) aldehydes by ionic hydrogenation and their elaboration to naturally occurring 20-epi cholanic acid derivatives.
- In addition to this, he has carried out stereoselective syntheses and ionic hydrogenation of steroidal C-20 tertiary alcohols with aliphatic, vinylic, aromatic, 5- and 6-membered heterocyclic side chains, and also synthesized various oxygenated lanosterol derivatives.
- His current research interests include asymmetric synthesis, total synthesis of natural products, multi-component reactions, heterocyclic synthesis and green chemistry.
- In 2008, joined as an Assistant Professor at Department of Chemistry, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- He has published about 50 research articles in the journals of international repute and contributed a chapter of a book.
- He is a recipient of prestigious Indo-US Research Fellowship 2013 award for carrying out Advanced Research in Chemical Sciences at University of California, Irvine, USA.