Department of Biology,
Daculty of Sciences of Nature and Life,
Pole Sidi Said, Mascara (29000), Algeria,
Medicinal plants, Cancer, Molecular biology, Phytochemistry, Cancer epidemiology
- Bachir Benarba, PhD, is Professor of Biochemistry and Cell Biology at the department of Biology, University of Mascara, Algeria.
- He’s the chief of this department since October 2013.
- He was Technical Director of international project with “Centro de Estudios Rurales Y y de Agricultura Internacional, Spain. Dr Bachir Benarba works on identification of Algerian plants used in the treatment of cancer.
- He identified two Algerian plants with strong anticancer and apoptogenic activity, and clarified the molecular mechanism of these activities.
- He carries out also ethnobotanical studies in different regions of Algeria.
- He manages a research project named “Valorization and identification of new anticancer active molecules from Aristolochia longa.
- He is the author of many technical and vulgarization documents on cancer.
- He has reviewed and published many international articles.
- He also advised more than 40 master and other dissertation’s degrees.