502N University Street,
IN, USA 47907.
- Dr. Ahmed's research is focused on developing and testing interventions that support and improve breastfeeding outcomes among vulnerable populations, specifically preterm infants and low-income mother/infant dyads.
- She designed LACTOR, an interactive web-based breastfeeding monitoring system, and is currently conducting a randomized controlled trial funded by Indiana CTSI to test the effect of LACTOR on breastfeeding outcomes.
- Dr. Ahmed is also interested in improving breastfeeding education among health professionals.
- Dr. Ahmed is an Associate Professor at Purdue School of Nursing, Indiana, USA.
- She has completed her Bachelor, Master and Doctor of Nursing Science in Pediatric Nursing from the Collage of Nursing, Cairo University, Egypt.
- She was certified as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) on October 2006 and completed her Post Master Certification as a Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner from Purdue University School of Nursing on May 2008.
- She has been a manuscript reviewer for several Journals such as Journal of Human Lactation and International Nursing Review.