38 Kilsyth Road #33,
Brookline, MA 02445,
Epidural analgesia and its impact upon breastfeeding; use of lung ultrasound in critical care, simulation-based human factors studies that are aimed at catalyzing quality improvement and optimization of patient care; therapies to treat postoperative delirium; and the prevention of postoperative respiratory complications in the cardiac surgical intensive care unit.
- M.D., Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- I practice cardiac surgical critical care and anesthesiology at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- Szabo A. Intrapartum neuraxial analgesia and breastfeeding outcomes: limitations of current knowledge. Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2013 Feb;116(2):399-405.
- Szabo A, August DA, Klainer S, Miller AD, Kaye AD, Raemer DB, Urman RD. The use of emergency manuals in perioperative crisis management: a cautious approach. Journal of Medical Practice Management, 2015 Mar-Apr;30(6 Spec No):8-12.
- Edrich T, Stopfkuchen-Evans M, Scheiermann P, Heim M, Chan W, Stone MB, Dankl D, Aichner J, Hinzmann D, Song P, Szabo A, Frendl G, Vlassakov K, Varelmann D. A Comparison of Web-Based with Traditional Classroom-Based Training of Lung Ultrasound for the Exclusion of Pneumothorax. Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2016 Jul;123(1):123-8.
- Szabo Eltorai A, Huang CC, Lu JT, Ogura A, Caterson SA, Orgill, DP. Selective Intraoperative Vasopressor Use is not Associated with Increased Risk of DIEP Flap Complications. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2017 Jul;140(1):70e-77e.
- Eltorai AEM, Szabo AL, Antoci Jr. V, Ventetuolo CE, Elias JA, Daniels AH, Hess DR. Clinical effectiveness of incentive spirometry for the prevention of postoperative pulmonary complications. Respiratory Care, accepted November 2017, in press
- Eltorai AEM, Baird GL, Eltorai ALS, Pangborn J, Antoci V, Cullen AH, Paquette K, Connors K, Barbaria J, Smeals KJ, Agarwal S, Healey TT, Ventetuolo CE, Sellke FW, Daniels AH. Perspectives on incentive spirometry utility and patient protocols. Respiratory Care, accepted November 2017, in press
- Eltorai AEM, Baird GL, Eltorai ALS, Panborn J, Antoci V, Cullen AH, Paquette K, Connors K, Barbaria J, Smeals KJ, Agarwal S, Healey TT, Ventetuolo CE, Sellke FW, Daniels AH. Incentive spirometry compliance: a national survey of provider perspectives. Respiratory Care, accepted November 2017, in press.