Yerevan State University
1 A. Manoukian Str.
- Environmental regulation of bacterial growth and metabolism, hydrogenase activity and hydrogen production by bacteria;
- Biophysics and energetics of proton and other ions transport and its role in bacterial cell physiology;
- Bacterial effects of electromagnetic fields and different natural products and chemicals;
- Identification and biotechnological potential of different bacteria isolated in Armenia;
- Antimicrobial activity of plant materials
- Prof. Armen Trchounian, PhD, DSc, is Head, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology, Yerevan State University, Armenia.
- He is also Professor at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, Armenia.
- From 2006 he is a Corresponding Member of National Academy of Sciences of Armenia.
- He is laureate of President of Armenia Award for Development of Natural Sciences, Award of National Academy of Sciences for the Best Scientific Paper, Akira Mitsui Award of the International association of Hydrogen Energy and others.
- He has more than 600 publications, authors of more than 20 books and text-books.
- He is an Editor and a Member of Editorial Boards of numerous national and international journals over the world.
- He has supervised 23 DSc and PhD students.