2616 Erwin Road,
Kidney, liver, small bowel transplantation.
- As an abdominal transplant surgeon, I perform transplants of the liver, kidney, pancreas and small bowels.
- I also do general abdominal procedures like hernia repairs.
- The most rewarding part of my job is the satisfaction and happiness I get when I see my patients’ faces after their transplant.
- I don’t want transplant patients to feel like we are putting them in a bubble. We expect them to live normal, happy lives, and enjoy the new organ once it’s given to them.
- Each patient comes to us with a unique challenge, but the best part of my job is the way the patient comes through obstacles and recovers.
- I decided to focus my training in abdominal transplant surgery after practicing general surgery in India and desiring a new challenge. I came to the U.S. to complete my surgical fellowship at Duke.