Division of Pediatric Oncology,
Catholic University of Rome,
A. Gemelli Hospital.
Largo A. Gemmli 8,
His research interests focus on pediatric clinical trials, clinical pharmacology of antineoplastic drugs, pain therapy and pediatric drugs.
- Dr. Ruggiero received his medical degree from the Catholic University in Rome in 1992.
- He holds Board of Pediatrics in 1996 and Board of Pediatric Haematology and Oncology in 1998 at the Catholic University of Rome.
- Dr. Ruggiero is currently an aggregate professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the Catholic University of Rome where he is responsible for teaching Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
- Carrying a regular patient load as consultant in pediatric oncology allows him to maintain his clinical skills and to promote improvements in safety and quality of healthcare.
- Examples of activities include producing guidelines for prevention of healthcare associated treatments and improvements in basic safe medical practices.